My electricity is going to be turned off for non-payment- what do I do?
We may be able to assist with utility arrears through the Temporary Assistance program. You must come into the agency and have a face to face interview. Prior to coming into the agency you must call the utility company and do a financial worksheet over the phone. This is a necessary part of the interview and will be accessed via the utility’s website by the examiner who conducts your interview. You will be asked to verify your income, resources and expenses as well as provide birth certificates and Social Security cards.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for Temporary Assistance?
2. What are the income guidelines for Temporary Assistance?
3. Do I have to come into the office to apply?
4. What documentation will I be asked to submit?
5. Once I apply, when will I receive my benefits?
6. If I am living in a county other than Washington County and am seeking help to move to Washington County can I apply in Washington County?
7. My landlord is threatening to evict me as I have been unable to pay my rent- what do I do?
8. I am behind in my rent and am unable to pay. Do I have to have a court ordered eviction in order to receive help with the arrears?
9. If I have no place to stay, what do I do?
10. My electricity is going to be turned off for non-payment- what do I do?
11. I am a non-parent caregiver for a child in my home. What services are available to me and the child?