How do I apply for Temporary Assistance?
You must first fill out a common application form and submit it to our office. You may come to our office to obtain an application or you may call to request one to be mailed to you. You may also download an application from Once we receive your application we will send you an appointment letter to come in for the mandatory face to face interview. If you have an emergency such as an eviction, utility shut off, domestic violence etc. you may submit your application and be seen the same day for an interview without a scheduled

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for Temporary Assistance?
2. What are the income guidelines for Temporary Assistance?
3. Do I have to come into the office to apply?
4. What documentation will I be asked to submit?
5. Once I apply, when will I receive my benefits?
6. If I am living in a county other than Washington County and am seeking help to move to Washington County can I apply in Washington County?
7. My landlord is threatening to evict me as I have been unable to pay my rent- what do I do?
8. I am behind in my rent and am unable to pay. Do I have to have a court ordered eviction in order to receive help with the arrears?
9. If I have no place to stay, what do I do?
10. My electricity is going to be turned off for non-payment- what do I do?
11. I am a non-parent caregiver for a child in my home. What services are available to me and the child?