Areas of Assistance
The Washington County Planning Department is available to help municipalities in Washington County with community and land use planning activities. Some common areas of assistance are:
- Comprehensive plan creation and updates
- Changes to local zoning ordinances
- Creation or updating of land use regulations such as subdivision, site plan, right-to-farm laws, mobile home ordinances, and others
- Creation of agricultural and farmland protection plans
- General community strategic planning activities
- Other forms of assistance as requested
Land Use & Community Development
In the State of New York, decisions of land use and community development are made by each municipality. The Washington County Planning Department is available to assist municipalities within the county in implementing the land use regulations and planning strategies that the community desires.
The goal of the Planning Department is to provide the resources and technical expertise necessary to allow communities within the County to implement the planning and development goals that fit their needs and desires.
Land Use Regulations
Currently under construction, please check back at a later date.
Property Information and Tax Maps