Washington County District Attorney’s Office
The position of Senior Investigator is available in the Washington County District Attorney’s Office for those individuals that do not require a Section 211 Waiver. The position of Senior Investigator requires an individual with a strong background in law enforcement and administrative abilities. He/She must be capable of working independently and expeditiously in a fast-paced environment. This position will oversee all criminal investigations which come within the District Attorney’s jurisdiction. The work is performed under the general direction of the District Attorney. This is an hourly position not to exceed 30 hours per week and the salary is $30,000. Please send a letter of interest accompanied with a resume and references to the District Attorney’s Office at 383 Broadway Fort Edward, New York 12828.
The following is a listing of the minimum qualifications for the position of Senior Investigator in the Washington County District Attorney’s Office.
- Applicant must be a resident of Washington County.
- Applicant must be a non-retired sworn officer of the law.
- Suitable candidate must possess experience in the following areas:
- At least 5 years of experience as an Investigator in a District Attorney’s Office;
- Thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of investigation;
- Good knowledge of the New York State Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law;
- Ability to obtain information through interview and observation;
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written direction;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with word, excel, E-justice and NYPTI PCMS programs;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.