The mission of Safe Sitter® is to provide life skills, safety skills, and child care training to all youth in order to build safer communities.
Course content includes:
- Safety Skills: Indoor safety, outdoor safety, online safety, and personal safety.
- Child Care Skills: Child development, child care routines (including diapering practice), and behavior management.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Injury prevention, injury management, and choking rescue. CPR is an optional component.
- Life & Business Skills: Screening jobs, setting fees, and greeting employers.
Is your child ready to stay home alone, watch younger brothers and sisters while you’re away from the house, or babysit for younger children? Then maybe it’s time for Safe Sitter®. Safe Sitter® is for boys and girls in grades 6-8 who are ready to learn the skills they need to care for themselves and younger children.
Safe Sitter® teaches young teens how to practice important safety skills, how to handle emergencies, and how to treat illnesses and injuries. Some classes even teach CPR. In addition, students learn important business skills, like how to screen jobs, set a wage, and work with employers.
Sign up your child for a Safe Sitter® class in your local area.
SafeSitter classes cost $20 and registration must be received at least 7 days before the start of the class.
Please note that the registration must be received prior to the day of the course; classes must have a minimum of 5 registrants.
- July 25, 2019 @ Cambridge Public Library